Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beating around the junokata bush


So, I set out this month to post regularly about Kodokan judo's junokata exercise, and I've done that.  But I've managed to stay very general and very shallow rather than trying to plumb the depths of junokata.

See, junokata is so interesting and complex, that It would take someone with a lifetime of experience in this kata to do it justice.  
.
Someone like Keiko Fukuda. Hey wait!  She has already written a book (the definitive textbook) on junokata.  If you want to read the standard ideas, or the correct ideas about junokata, I recommend her book.  On the other hand, if you want to read my ideas (for whatever they are worth) then you can find some of them in my junokata series from this past month ;-)



____________________
Patrick Parker
www.mokurendojo.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...