Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sharpie or Cold Steel Sharkie?

Lately, I've been thinking about the good-old kubotan! You remember - Tak Kubota's modern remake of the ancient Japanese yawara stick. I've loved this as a self-defense weapon for years, though anything like this has plusses and minusses.
.
A while back, Dojo Rat suggested an unsharpened carpenter's pencil as an option instead of a kubotan because of the un-likelihood of it being recognized as a weapon. I like that idea but the carpenter's pencil does not have as good a feel in the hand as I'd like. Recently I thought, "Boy, I wish I could get an un-breakable Sharpie marker - that would be the perfect size for a kubotan, plus you could always keep it in the same orientation and location in your pocket (like a clip-on knife), making it faster and easier to access. Well, voila! Check out the "Sharkie."


Anyone interested in buying one of these (super-cheap and reliable-looking) pens, playing with it and posting a review here to let me what you think?
.
Alternately, if you want to splurge, you might like the Sharpie brand name marker in stainless steel.  If so, let me know what you think.

____________
Patrick Parker, is a Christian, husband, father, judo and aikido teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: mokurendojo@gmail.com or phone 601.248.7282
____________
Subscribe now for free updates from the Mokuren Dojo blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...