- ROM, extended ukemi session on a crashpad
- Releases with emphasis on pushing forward instead of cutting down or grabbing
- shomenate, gyakugamaeate, udegaeshi
- chain #2, including maeotoshi, shihonage, and ushiroate
- randori with emphasis on synchronization, triangulation, and watching the role of tori (or 'boss') trade back and forth between partners during an exchange. This was the first time I'd seen a good, strong effect from practicing the triangulation trick.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Fundamentals and randori
Aiki with Kel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
It always comes back to fundamentals.
ReplyDelete