Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Book of Martial Power

It's not everyday that I agree wholeheartedly with Sensei Strange's nutty, tinfoil-hatter ideas, but today I thought I'd take a walk on the wild side.  ;-)  
.
A few months ago I got a phone call from Strange and we chatted about a bunch of things.  He told me that he'd found this interesting book in a discard bin at a library someplace.  He warned me that it had a stupid-sounding title - The Book of Martial Power - but that the book was all about universal principles underlying martial arts, and that the whole thing was pretty cool and interesting.  It even spawned a short-lived series of posts on Strange's blog.
.
Well, the idea that he planted simmered in my mind for a while till I went searching and found a steeply-discounted copy of the book in the old&moldy section at Amazon - and I have to say, Strange was right (this time;-).  The book is a very interesting look at principles that underlie all martial activity.  Disregard the nutty title and the fact that crazy people recommend it and go get a copy of the book.  I think you'll find it well worth the reading.
.
So much so, that I think I'll try my hand at a prolonged series of responses and discussions here at the blog.  Looks like the book has about 75 chapters and some introductory material, so that should be good for about a year and a half of weekly posts.  I think I'll make this my standard Saturday fare for a while, so stay tuned...
.
...and go get yourself a copy of the book so you can join in with the conversation!

--
____________________
Patrick Parker
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...