Thursday, December 02, 2010
The cost of martial arts classes
Several people have told me lately that they were thinking about getting into martial arts but they expressed some concern because of the cost of the places they had checked out. Since they asked for my opinion, here it is...
No martial arts class is worth $90+ per person per month. Period.
Dont get me wrong. I think martial arts are the greatest thing in the world. But even my classes are not north $100/month, and I'm the best teacher in the world!
A more reasonable price would be about $50 to $65 per month.
Consider this...
You can practice at the Kodokan (biggest judo school in the world) for about $95 startup fee and $60/month.
You can enroll your kids at Aikikai (largest aikido school in the world) for $100 startup and $55/month.
So, what do YOU think about paying twice that in southwest Mississippi?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.