I've covered this idea briefly before.
.
You can't really "throw" a person-sized thing like we usually think of throwing something, like we think about throwing a baseball or a stick. A person is just too big and too flexible to pick up and accelerate ballistically.
.
So, do we throw or do we release?
.
Do we execute a technical skill in order to make uke fall down or do we repeatedly lead him into places of such profound weakness and unbalance that he might fall down and hurt himself but he certainly won't continue to attack us effectively?
.
What do you think of this paradox?
____________
Patrick Parker is a Christian, husband, father, martial arts teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: mokurendojo@gmail.com or phone 601.248.7282 木蓮
____________
Subscribe now for free updates from Mokuren Dojo
____________
Send me an email or let's connect on Facebook or Twitter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.