The best of East vs. West... (watch out for some bad language)
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
Not bad, but dragging a guy up to his feet in order to throw him again is violating the principles of "Maximum Efficiency with Minimum Effort". Once he's down, finish it! ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, I don't know. If you _want_ to throw the guy a second time, the most efficient way might be to pick him back up...
ReplyDeleteRed Sun was a great old movie.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that movie in ages. Great clip.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing about fourth time he picked him I was starting to get tired for him, but he had a nice variety of throws.
An old teacher of mine offered this advice in a self defense situation: "hit your opponent with the heaviest object at hand. The Earth would do."
ReplyDeleteCharles Bronson with a flying side kick! Good thing he took it easy on that tired samurai. Great clip.
ReplyDelete