Ok, folks. In our technical rotation we are back around to another technique that I'd classify as "not my best" - udegaeshi. I was taught (I think) a version of this thing in which tori ends up pretty close into uke's side in a position to drive uke into the Earth. In this more recent video clip, we see tori doing a very smooth udegaeshi with plenty of space between tori and uke. My students (and anyone else interested) should watch the that clip a few times because udegaeshi will be the technique of the day in tomorrow morning's class. Also, for reference purposes, check out the udegaeshi that was popping up in yesterday's video starting at about the 1:00 mark and compare the udegaeshi on the film to the kotegaeshi that was popping up in yesterday's video at about the 1:30 mark.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.