So, maybe some of y'all have wondered what the name Mokuren means? A mokuren is a magnolia tree, and since we live and teach in Magnolia, MS... Today Nanna bought me a mokuren tree because I'd been despondent that I had no mokuren tree to go with the dojo. If you look closely in the photo below you can see our firstborn Mokuren Ninja hiding behind the new tree.
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.