At the judo class tonight we started a group of six kids ranging from 4 to 7 years of age. What a blast! We warmed up, did some basic ukemi, and practiced some kneeling knockdown (freeform suwari nagekomi - taking turns pushing the partner down however you can). This led to opportunities to work on throwing and falling principles while getting the kids into something like randori right off the bat. For standing work we had a rousing session of tow stomp randori. I plan to spend a lot of time for the forseeable future working on ground mobility, ukemi, kneeling randori, and standing combatives games (i.e. tug of war, judo sumo, toestomp randori, etc...).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.