Lotsa fun tonight at kid's judo. We had about 6 participating. This was a slightly younger crowd - aged between about 3 and 5. It's really cool to be able to teach a grappling art to a 3 year old. Tonight we warmed up and everyone seemed to be catching onto the routine of how the class runs. We galloped around the mat for a while, practiced kneeling knockdown then toestomp randori. As cooldown we did a falling exercise. From my knees I'd turn them upside down with teguruma and hold them as they learned to slap hard with one arm. The performance cue for this game is, "slap the mat harder than it slaps you!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.