Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Calling all Tomiki Teachers!


I know that y'all are out there, and I have some questions for you...
How do you begin teaching the walking kata (A.K.A. Tegatana no kata, unsoku, tandoku undo, etc...) to a first-day beginner? How much emphasis do you put on getting the walking right before going on to the next thing? What technical points do you start with and what comes later? How much verbal explanation do you give them before getting into the physical practice of the exercise?
I need some of your hints and tips about beginning to teach this exercise to utter beginners. Here's your chance to brain-dump come on, I'm ready! Leave me a comment below...
____________
Patrick Parker is a Christian, husband, father, martial arts teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: mokurendojo@gmail.com or phone 601.248.7282 木蓮
____________
Subscribe now for free updates from Mokuren Dojo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...