Wow, this is a fascinating interview with the guy who was the factual basis for the movie, Searching for Bobby Fischer. Josh Waitzkin fell somewhat out of love with chess and got into taichi. Eventually reconciling his problems with chess, he came to equate the two arts as the same thing. In the end of this interview he talks about a fascinating perceptual thing that goes on in the martial arts - time dilation. I'm ordering the book he's hyping in this video because it sounds super interesting and right up my alley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.