Great aiki class last night. We had a new guy (the word is spreading) and he did good. We worked on ukemi, tegatana, and evasions (aiki brush-off) for most of the class and then for into oshitaoshi at the end of class. We did the standing ikkyo omote variation and the seated version from the beginning of sankata. My lesson plan had been to get back into chain #1 but new guy had to see this stuff and it didn't hurt the old heads to practice it too. We'll get into chain #1 Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.