Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sensei, what would it take?

Most of us, when we start teaching martial arts either use mostly the structure and drills and syllabus - the scope and sequence that our teachers used.    Or else perhaps we have some other ideal and we rearrange things and maybe re-work one or two things, but I think for the most part most of us teach mostly the way we learned.
.
Often this works pretty good.  Our predecessors passed down not only effective techniques but effective pedagogy.
.
But, what would it take to make you change after having been doing it for a while.  I don't mean just a little update or tiny bit of flux - I mean, what would it take to make you radically change what you teach and how you teach it?


Want to discuss this blog post?
Come find me on Facebook at my Mokuren Dojo FB group

____________________
Patrick Parker
www.mokurendojo.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...