Thursday, February 20, 2014

Where we've been - where we're going

Lately I've been thinking about where I've come in the last 30 years or so, and where I'll be going in the next few - so I started putting together this timeline...

30 years ago
25 years ago
  • In college
  • Karate guy, pretty good competitor - ranked 2nd in Mississippi and 3rd in Louisiana. Specialties included reverse counterpunch and an incredibly sneaky arcing outside crescent kick.
  • Beginning to get an idea of diminishing returns with modern karate (at least for me)
  • Beginning to try out aikido, judo, and hapkido
20 years ago
  • Graduating from college
  • Soon to start my first dojo in Southwest MS.
  • Met two major influences on my aikido and judo - Karl Geis and Mac McNease
15 years ago
  • Back at college, teaching aikido and judo there
10 years ago
5 years ago
NOW
5 years from now (ca 2020)
  • oldest son graduating High school - He should be shodan
  • next 2 sons should be well into the adult class
  • next 2 girls should be in the kids' class
10 years from now (ca 2025)
  • All my sons will be graduated from High School, oldest may be graduated from college!
  • 3 sons should be black belt and older daughter should be approaching shodan
  • Younger daughter should be getting ready to graduate into adult class





Want to discuss this blog post?
Come find me on Facebook at my Mokuren Dojo FB group

____________________
Patrick Parker
www.mokurendojo.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...