Monday, March 21, 2011

Naihanchi is a frustrating blog topic

So, I've been trying to focus on the karate kata, Naihanchi this month.  It's not like I think I'm some sort of expert or anything, but Naihanchi is so amazingly complex and rich in content that I figured I could skim a topic per day to talk about.  But that has turned out to be problematic.  Like drinking from a fire hydrant, Naihanchi has so much awesomeness that I'm having a hard time pulling out discreet nuggets to talk about.  Maybe I should have done a month of posts on 2-3 techniques from naihanchi... (and of course I'm only  talking about naihanchi #1 - I could probably write a year's worth of posts on naihanchi #1, 2, and 3)
.
I'd thought to do some video clips using my android (my digital videorecorder is defunct - my kids are masters of destroying or losing the associated wires and cords). But havent gotten around to that.  I think some video would help me to convey the ideas though, so I'll keep trying to find the time and the partners I need to put some of my very limited knowledge on video clips.
.
While we're on the topic of naihanchi, check out this blog article by Man of the West...
..
Ok, now I'm done with my whining rant.  Back to actual naihanchi content!

--
____________________
Patrick Parker
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...