Whoever said it and made us believe it,
That we have to all look like the ancient masters and each other to be doing legitimate budo?
That we have to do the same exercises and kata the same way month after month, year after year, hoping one day to transcend?
That a bunch of old dead guys from another part of the world should know best how we should express our artform here and now?
That there even exists one right way to do an ARTFORM, for goodness sake!
Who was it? Because we should hang them up in effigy and fling our poop at them!
Want to discuss this blog post?
Come find me on Facebook at my Mokuren Dojo FB group
____________________
Patrick Parker
www.mokurendojo.com
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...