Mokuren Dojo
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Naihanchi - also known as Tekki
While I'm doing a series on naihanchi, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out this source for a handful of interesting articles about the kata.
Check out Colin Wee's posts on Tekki
.
____________________
Patrick Parker
www.mokurendojo.com
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Aikido vs. judo
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
Chi-tards
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
Chinese posture vs. Japanese posture
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
Nimr Hassan on self-defense
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
What have you bought lately?
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...