Today we started over with the beginning of the chains. We were not quite through with the last one and it is possible to start beginners at any point in the chains, but we had 2 newbies today and I felt like getting a fresh start. After 2 reps of tegatana concentrating on balls of feet and complete recovery steps we moved into hanasu then into chain #1. We got through the first four techniques - tekubiosae, udeosae, oshitaoshi, and tenkai oshitaoshi. These are all just iterations of the same thing - oshitaoshi (ikkyo). We cooled down taking breakfalls for shomen, aigamae, and gyakugamae atemiwaza. At the end I demonstrated for the class the remainder of the main branch of chain#1 and briefly discussed things to look for, including cycles of left-right, bentarm-straightarm, up-down, hineri-gaeshi, etc...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Someone asked me a while back to post what I consider to be pros and cons of aikido and judo – sort of what I like and dislike about aiki...
-
Boy, I thought that Dave had found nearly the ultimate example a few months ago of a bunch of chi-tards and their hippie shenanigans, but th...
-
It seems that Japanese arts (we'll take aikido as an example for this post) seem to have a different concept of posture than do Chinese ...
-
Photo courtesy of Nimr Hassan Several months ago I got to attend a conference with a lot of very high-level speakers and demonstrators, and...
-
Every so often I put a call out to my readers to help me out here on my blog. I try to keep this to a minimum because I don't want to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.